The Open Researcher and Contributor iD (ORCID) is a standardized, internationally recognized and persistent identifier that distinguishes you from every other researcher and supports automated linkages between you and your professional activities.
- enables publications to be uniquely assigned to your authorship and increases the recognition and appreciation of your publications
- is location-independent and reflects changing institutional affiliations
- can be obtained free of charge from https://orcid.org
- is supported by many publishers, universities and research sponsors and is increasingly requested when submitting manuscripts and research proposals
- allows imports from different databases and sources to create a complete list of your publications
- can combine author identifiers of other systems: Scopus Author ID, ResearcherID (Web of Science), ISNI and others
ORCID and Zurich Open Repository and Archive (ZORA)
ZORA integrates ORCID
- Store your ORCID iD if you already have an iD
- Register an ORCID iD via ZORA
- Tag your publications with your ORCID iD
- Export publications in ZORA to your ORCID record
- Import publications from your ORCID record into ZORA
- Easily create publication lists for integration into UZH-websites with your ORCID iD
The registration and use of ORCID iD in ZORA is voluntary and non-binding.